While the most obvious answer to this question would appear to be 1 season-there’s a little bit more to it in that. In this blog, we’ll clarify the difference between a 3 season & 4 season room so that if you’re in the markets for one you’re able to make an educated decision on what’s best for your home.
What’s the Difference?
A 3 season room is designed for use in spring, summer and fall but cannot be utilized inthe winter due to the fact that it is not connected to your home’s HVAC system which prevents its temperature from being regulated. 4 season rooms have more insulation than 3 season rooms (which in some cases have no insulation). A 4 season porch must follow the same codes (floor, wall, ceiling, insulation, windows, etc.) as a standard room addition.
- Keeps pollen, dust, dirt, direct sunlight, rain & mosquitos out of your entertaining
- Less costly than a 4 season room since it is not temperature regulated
- Can be constructed quicker
- A year-round entertaining space
- Increases your property’s value more than a 3 season room does
- 4 season rooms are often filled with windows which gives the vibe of being outdoors without having to leave an air conditioned or heated area
- Can’t be used year-round
- Adds less value than a 3 season room
- More expensive
- Takes longer to construct