Position Title: Window Installation Technician
Supervisor: Windows/Decking Field Manager
Location: Baldwin, WI
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
Installation and Removal Procedures:
- Follow instructions from Windows Installation Technician – Crew Leader and learn all aspects of job duties on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for installation of all new windows, doors, frames, trim and hardware according to company-wide procedures and practices.
- Removal of all old windows or doors and be able to repair or replace necessary rotten or damaged framing, siding, drywall or any adjoining materials and dispose of properly.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard requiring material to be shaped or cut to specified measurements.
- Complete and turn in all paperwork, including but not limited to, field reports, Time & Material sheets, inventory deducts, completion certificates and timecards in a timely and accurate manner.
Follow Safety Rules & Regulations:
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations that pertain to their tasks to conduct a safe and clean working environment.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are in good, safe working order.
- Responsible to keep work area in the warehouse clean, organized and safe.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned or needed.
- Reporting to the Window Installation Technician – Crew Leader who sets goals, objectives, and strategies for job completion. As position is fieldwork orientated, supervision would come through training and guidance directly from Crew Leader and Windows/Decking Field Manager.
- Responsible to provide feedback on unsafe or unethical practices to management.
- Responsibility for timely and accurate management and reporting of expenses related to work assignments.
- The responsibility for the safeguarding and non-disclosure of all proprietary information. Any information that is pertinent to personal work aspects such as salaries, promotions, etc., is confidential and individually proprietary.
- Responsibility is primarily in the field working with crew and customers. It is your use of tact and judgment that is helpful when working with these individuals both directly and indirectly in the field by way of giving professional advice/guidance which is a normal requirement for this position.
- Requires a tremendous amount of personal energy, physical strength and people contact, so pressures exist.
Time Spent Sitting and Standing/Work Conditions:
- 80% time standing (physical labor), 20% driving and sitting.
- Varies between sitting and standing depending on schedule and job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of power tools.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in window, framing and finish trade.
- Equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- Physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving of your whole body to handle, install, position, manipulate material and erect scaffolding.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
Please fill out our online application below or come in and fill out an application in person at Lindus Construction, 879 Highway 63, Baldwin, WI. Applications are being accepted until position(s) are filled. NO PHONE CALLS.
Lindus Construction, Inc./Midwest LeafGuard is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or beliefs.
Lindus Construction Inc./Midwest LeafGuard is a drug-free workplace.